Wednesday, January 11, 2012

SCRAPBOOK STAMP SOCIETY PINK CHALLENGE~

Hello Friends!!!

I am posting my design team project for the Scrapbook Stamp Society Pretty in Pink Challenge. My favorite color is pink so how can I not join this challenge. *SMILE*

I decided to alter a cigar box. I have always wanted to alter one so this was my chance to create one.

I used the Marie Let them eat Cupcake digi stamp by Sherri Baldy.

I covered the cigar box with K&CO Valentine Specialty paper. I colored Marie with copic markers (B00, C1, E00, E13, E57, R20, R29, RV10, RV11, RV13, RV14, RV17, RV63, YG13, Y06). I distress the edges of the box with Apple Barrel's magenta acrylic paint and Daler Rowney's FW Pearlescent liquid acrylic in Platinum Pink. The embellishments are Wild Orchid Crafts paper flowers, misc. mini paper roses, stickles, rhinestones, Maya mist (doesn't say color on bottle *SIGH*) vintage scallop lace trim, and one of my handmade beaded stick pins with butterfly charm.



A close up pic of Marie Let them eat cupcake~



A side view of the front of the box accented with pink cardstock and a piece of vintage lace applique:




Here is the inside of the front cover. I decoupaged some rose cupcake liners for my background, K&CO Valentine's borders, mini paper roses, and one of my handmade stick pins. I added the same acrylic paints to add some distressing to it. I added an image I had in my stash of Marie. It's one of my favorites.




The inside of the box is lined with pink soft felt and edged with a beautiful rose trim. I also lined the box with more vintage lace I had in my stash. I enclosed some yummy goodies in it.



Thank you for stopping by and please vote for me at Scrapbook Stamp Society Pretty in Pink Challenge. I hope you enjoyed my project.

3 comments:

  1. so cute! i love the lace detail and that butterfly adds just the right amount of sweet :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. What a beautimous box. LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant box love the elegant image. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete