Sunday, January 16, 2011

ALTERED MATCHBOXES~

Yesterday I met up with a few of my girlfriends and we spent the day together. First we stopped over at Mainly Stamping in Fairfield to browse around. I ended up finding some lovely scrapbook papers & Japanese Washi paper. I picked up 2 sheets of the Le Romantique papers from Graphic45. They are absolutely perfect to create a mini for Valentine's day. I am in love with the beautiful washi papers I found as well. They are so lovely with all the floral blossoms. I'll need to find more washi papers as I find them really beautiful papers to craft with.

We also stopped over at Michaels, Joanns, Tuesday Mornings & Dollar Tree stores. While shopping at Michaels we found a bunch of Valentine's spool of ribbons for 50 cents. They were accidentally placed in the wrong spot. The manager ended up giving them to us for that price. I only picked up 1 spool as I bought some last week. I should have definitely picked up a few more. My friend Shirley benefited by getting a bunch.

We ended up having lunch at Subway before we headed back to Iris's house to craft. We made 2 projects and started on our third project (paper bag minis) which we didn't get to finish. I will work on getting it completed soon. We made altered matchboxes and a mini magnetic notepad.

Here's the pics of my altered matchbox.






A close up pic of the drawer. I embellished it with one of my handmade marbles.


The magnetic memo book I created.

The inside of the memo book:





In addition, I would like to share with you these beautiful altered matchboxes my friend Shirley & Keisha created.



Handmade by Shirley~ a beautiful Ballerina matchbox easel card & large "Celebrate" matchbox. I absolutely love the way her altered matchboxes turned out. Don't you?

Close up pics:


Ballerina Easel card.


Close up of mini drawers.


The larger altered matchbox.




This is a Daisy "Hope" altered matchbox was made by my friend Keisha.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! Just wanted to let you know I LOVE the matchbox you made. Very cute! :) Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jacqueline Roy~ Thank you for your comment. It was fun doing this project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the matchbox and memo book that you made!
    The box is lovely too.

    Hugs and visit my blog when you can.

    ReplyDelete